SAT Test Prep in North Carolina
Professionally administered SAT instruction from licensed, career educators. Course includes in-person instruction, proctored diagnostic assessments, and homework and practice assignments.
SAT Test Prep at Resource Room NC
For Rising H.S. Juniors: January – March 2023 SAT Class Registration Begins August 1. Early Bird Discount applied for Registration before Oct 1.
Private Tutoring Remains Available Year Round. Rising H.S. Seniors who are taking the SAT or ACT in the Fall are encouraged to contact us for Private Tutoring Options: last Chance to take the SAT Exam for the Early Admissions Deadlines is Nov. 5, 2022 Exam Date.
- August 27, 2022
- October 1, 2022
- November 5, 2022
- December 3, 2022
- March 11, 2023
2023 SAT Prep Group Classes:
We will offer 2 Sections of our SAT Group Class.
Section A will run every Tuesday and Thursday evening.
Section B will run Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. – 12p.m.
Both sections will run continuously up to the March 11, 2023 SAT exam.
- In-Person Classes are taught by licensed Teachers.
- Tuesday/Thursday Class will meet 2x per week for 1.5-hour sessions.
- Saturday class will run 1x Per Week for 3 Hours.
- Specialized curriculum for the in-person format.
- All materials included.
- Three (3) Full-Length Diagnostic Exams Proctored and Timed.
You can trust Resource Room’s experience and approach:
- We are a leading provider with a 5 Star Reputation.
- Private one-to-one Tutoring or Classroom Instruction
- Instructional time is focused, intense, and comprehensive.
- Sections are taught by Owners Sam & Joe and our well-experienced team
- The owners of Resource Room are – Licensed, Tenured, and hold multiple Graduate Degrees.
- We service hundreds of students per year and the average student increase ranges from 200-250 points.
- Our Online Student portal is used to recap lessons, provide homework, and allows us to monitor student engagement.
Private SAT Classes
- Private Tutoring Sessions are scheduled by appointment. In-person or via Zoom
- One-on-One Tutoring with all instructional materials provided and full Length Diagnostic Exams, proctored and graded.
- Call us to Set up a Free SAT/ACT and College Admissions Consultation. 984-777-1244.
FAQ: The SAT or the ACT: How do we choose?
What distinguishes Resource Room’s Private (One-to-One) SAT Approach?
Students who work with us in a one-to-one setting will receive the benefit of an individualized instructional approach. Some students struggle more in one particular area, requiring some remediation or additional instructional support. Other students may require a more balanced approach, but struggle in areas like timing and testing stamina. Regardless of the student needs, Resource Room has a specified approach available to help all of our students achieve their academic goals.
- All of our students have online access to study materials, homework, lessons, and quizzes.
- Our Private SAT Prep program is determined by the individual needs of the student.
- We use the highest quality Diagnostic Tests to determine what level the student is on and where they need help.
- Each session is structured to meet individual needs, we introduce strategies specific to their learning style.
- Periodic assessments measure progress.
- We guarantee the same tutor throughout the duration of the program.
- All are licensed teachers with extensive experience.
- We use cutting-edge techniques and drills to maximize timing, strategy, and stamina.
What does the SAT Test Cover?
The SAT Exam has undergone several changes over time, and some more recently. The SAT Exam primarily evaluates both Verbal and Math skills. This is done through testing Reading Comprehension, Grammar Editing, Math without a calculator, and Math with a calculator. The SAT Exam no longer offers the Written Essay portion of the exam.
SAT Verbal focuses on critical reading and grammar editing skills.
SAT Math relies heavily on basic arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, data analysis, and applied math.
This course will also include a discussion of the effective use of a graphing calculator. We recommend and use the Texas Instruments version.
There is no longer an optional Essay for SAT test takers. This was removed. All students will now have the traditional 4 sections and some experimental sections that College Board uses to field test questions for future exams.
We highly recommend one-to-one tutoring for students who are below grade level, who struggle with Math or Writing in school, have Special Education Needs, or who have test anxiety. We work to build confidence, focus, and – most importantly- stamina. The SAT is a three-hour examination (possibly six (6) hours for students who receive extended time). Maintaining focus for such a length of time is key to high performance on the exam. This is often overlooked by most tutors and centers.
You will find that our sessions are high energy, individualized, and promote focus, organization, and confidence.
WE GUARANTEE RESULTS AND PROGRESS THAT WILL OPEN A HOST OF NEW COLLEGE OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR STUDENTS!
January - March 2023 - Section A
|1||Tuesday, January 3, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|2||Thursday January 5, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|3||Sunday, January 8, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Diagnostic|
|4||Tuesday, January 10, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|5||Thursday January 12, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|6||Tuesday, January 17, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|7||Thursday January 19, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|8||Tuesday, January 24, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|9||Thursday January 26, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|10||Sunday, January 29, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Diagnostic|
|11||Tuesday, January 31, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|12||Thursday February 2, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|13||Tuesday, February 7, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|14||Thursday February 9, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|15||Tuesday, February 14, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|16||Thursday February 16, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|17||Tuesday, February 21, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|18||Thursday February 23, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|19||Tuesday, February 28, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|20||Thursday, March 2, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
|21||Sunday, March 5, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Diagnostic|
|22||Tuesday, March 7, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|23||Thursday, March 9, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|
January - March 2023 - Section B
|1||Saturday, January 7, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|2||Sunday, January 8, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Diagnostic|
|3||Saturday, January 14, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|4||Saturday, January 21, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|5||Saturday, January 28, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|6||Sunday, January 29, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Diagnostic|
|7||Saturday, February 4, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|8||Saturday, February 11, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|9||Saturday, February 18, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|10||Saturday, February 25, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|11||Saturday, March 4, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Math/Verbal|
|12||Sunday, March 5, 2023||9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.||Diagnostic|
|13||Tuesday, March 7, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Verbal|
|14||Thursday, March 9, 2023||7:00-8:30pm||Math|